Featured Treatment Programs
Cultural Control Tips:
- The number one thing to improve turf appearance is to use a sharp mower blade.
- Soil structure is essential to plant development. Aerate annually and consider topdressing with compost every 3-5 years as well.
- Know your grass type! Different grass types have unique fertility and watering demands and perform differently in shade vs. sunlight.
- Choose the right grass type for Ohio – Turf Type Tall Fescue
- We use RTF seed from Barenberg Seed Co.
- Always mow very short on your final cut before we get snow cover. This gives a clean look and helps reduce snow mold problems in the early spring.
- Winter is a great time to prune and thin out your overgrown shrubs and ornamental trees!
Some Helpful Watering Tips:
- Optimal results are achieved with around 1 Inch of water per week.
- When rainfall fails to reach 1 inch per week supplemental watering is advised.
- Water in the early hours of the day when the grass is still wet with dew.
- Watering at night/evening can lead to disease issues.
- Deep, infrequent watering encourages root growth and uses water more efficiently, saving you money.
- Two waterings of a ½ inch per week (about 30 min./zone) is all you need!
- Distribute water as evenly as possible.
- Do not allow water to pool.
- Short, heavy rainfall often runs off and is not absorbed by your lawn.
- Try to water within 72 hours of receiving a lawn treatment.